Since I got a hard time configuring my SE k510i cellphone, I thought it would be nice to share the correct parameters for Mobistar clients.
- Menu – Settings – Connectivity – Data comm. – Data accounts – New account
- APN: mms.be
- Username: mobistar
- Password: mobistar
- Login request: Off
- Allow calls: Automatic
- IP address: <empty>
- DNS address: <empty>
- Authentication: PAP
- Data compression: Off
- Header compression: Off
On my phone, this account is saved under the name MMS.
- Go back to the main menu and go to Messaging – Settings – Picture message – MMS Profile – New profile
- MMS Profile name: <enter something you want>
- Message server: http://mmsc.mobistar.be
- Internet Profile: <Edit – create new profile>
- Connect using: MMS <This is the data profile you have created in the first step>
- Use proxy: yes
- Proxy Address: 212.065.063.143
- Port number: 8080
- Username: empty
- Password: empty
The differences with the website, is that you DON’T have to enter username and password together with the proxy settings, but you DO have to enter them in the Data communication. Oh well, I don’t know, since login request is turned off. Another thing is to set Authentication on PAP. I set it initially on None and I guess that was the biggest problem, together with the proxy server.
You can also go to the SE website, go to Support – Produc Support, under section “Software and settings” you choose MMS Settings and you enter the form.